Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Arrival in Fort Lauderdale

Our trip from Vancouver to Seattle was done in the Quick Shuttle which we have used many times. We arrived at SeaTac around 5 pm and tagged our luggage, did the check-in and boarding pass and headed for dinner after going through security. Everyone was at the gate by 9 pm and so they loaded and we were on our way early. The flight was above the clouds so looking down was a white and grey cotton coating and one looked up there were stars very clear. Families were traveling and so there were small children stretched out over seats. One gets to know the young lad whose feet rests in your lap very quickly. I felt quite packed into my seat by the window and looked out of it most of the flight. I think I will remember to book isle seat next time unless I can jump on an upgrade to the front of the plane.
Landing safely in Fort Lauderdale on New Years Day and arriving at our motel we both needed sleep. The fight down was very full with young children stretched out so I had feet in my lap. I needed to purchase a number of things at the Publix store or Walgreens which were both on the bus route passing the motel. So today after a meal at IHOP we boarded the Broward County transit bus on Federal Hwy and took a ride. We opted for day passes: 3$ for seniors and 4$ for adults. A day pass is cheaper than paying for a return. I found the buses ran pretty frequently, but I think we will rent a car for tomorrow and go take an airboat ride through the everglades.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy - Have fun in Ft. Laud. You got some great weather.

    Have a safe trip down South and say HI when you pass Cabin 118 - We'll sea ya in March.
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete